Lucy Bronze MBE is an English professional footballer who plays as a right-back for Liga F club Barcelona and the England women’s national team. She has previously played for Sunderland, Everton, Liverpool, Lyon, and Manchester City as well as North Carolina at the college level in the United States and Great Britain at the Olympics. Bronze was born in Berwick-upon-Tweed, England, on 28 October 1991.
She began playing football at a young age and joined Sunderland’s youth team at the age of 13. She made her senior debut for Sunderland in 2007 and quickly established herself as one of the best young defenders in England.
In 2012, Bronze moved to Everton and helped the team win the FA Women’s Cup in 2013. She then moved to Liverpool in 2014 and won the FA WSL title in 2015.
In 2016, Bronze moved to France to play for Lyon. She won the UEFA Women’s Champions League with Lyon in 2017 and 2018. She also won the French League title with Lyon in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
In 2019, Bronze moved back to England to play for Manchester City. She helped Manchester City win the FA WSL title in 2019 and 2020.
Bronze has also been a key player for the England women’s national team. She has won 80 caps for England and has scored 13 goals. She was part of the England team that won the bronze medal at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup and the silver medal at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Bronze is considered to be one of the best right-backs in the world. She is known for her speed, athleticism, and attacking ability. She is also a very good defender and is able to read the game well.
In 2019, Bronze was named the UEFA Women’s Player of the Year. She was also named the BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year in 2018.
International and club records:
Lucy Bronze has won 80 caps for the England women’s national team and has scored 13 goals.
She was part of the England team that won the bronze medal at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup and the silver medal at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Bronze has won four UEFA Women’s Champions League titles, three with Lyon and one with Barcelona.
She has also won three FA Women’s Super League titles, two with Manchester City and one with Liverpool.
- Lucy Bronze’s net worth is estimated to be around £1 million.
- She earns a salary of around £250,000 per year from her club Barcelona.
- She also has sponsorship deals with Nike, Adidas, and EE.
- Lucy Bronze was born in Berwick-upon-Tweed, England, on 28 October 1991.
- Her parents are Portuguese and English.
- She has two siblings, a brother, and a sister.
- Bronze is married to Hope Powell, the former England women’s national team manager.
- Lucy Bronze lives in a luxurious apartment in Barcelona.
- She owns a Range Rover and a Porsche.
- She enjoys shopping for designer clothes and jewelry.
- She is also a fan of fine dining and travel.
List of awards and honors:
- UEFA Women’s Player of the Year (2019)
- BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year (2018)
- PFA Women’s Players’ Player of the Year (2014, 2017)
- FIFA FIFPro World XI (2018, 2019)
- FA Women’s Super League Player of the Season (2015)
- UEFA Women’s Champions League winner (2017, 2018, 2022,2023)
- FA Women’s Cup winner (2013)